Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Spring has Sprung!

Two weeks ago our new summer staff arrived for training.  Most of them aren't from the area, so it's been fun watching them tackle new traffic patterns and the quickly changing demographics of the city.  Through the summer, this staff will be hosting groups that are coming to Philly to serve for a week out of their vacation.  These guys are giving up their whole summers, and I couldn't be prouder of everything they've learned and the way they've meshed together.

And I'm tired.  If you've seen me over the last few weeks, you know this.  Fortunately (although sadly, because I miss them) I'm not traipsing first graders behind me at 7 in the morning before school, so that helps a bit.  Saturday?  SLEEPING IN.  Provided that dog that lives next door is on vacation.

I love spring in Philly!  With the exception of a few random 90+ days, it's been so beautiful here, with even a few awesome thunderstorms and rainy days to help my plants along.

Oh yeah, I have a garden:

Cilantro:


SO MANY RADISHES


Tomato plant starter!  That's squash and beans in the background.



So it's been a good spring, and hopefully will be an even better summer (cuz there will be fresh veggies involved then!).  Pray for our hosts, as they continue to learn their way around the city and as the groups come in and serve.  Pray that the groups take away something from their time here.

Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment