Friday, October 14, 2011

CCDA

This weekend I'm at the Christian Community Development Association's annual conference.  I've learned a lot so far, but let me keep it brief, to one of the best things I've learned while I'm here:

Together, here at the CCDA, I get to worship along side of people who believe that God has called them to the communities they live in.  But more than that,  I am worshiping alongside of people who actually believe that God can do something in their communities.  That the God who called them to either relocate or stay put intentionally can ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING AWESOME IN THE COMMUNITY.

That is such hope that I have been missing from my walk in Philly these recent weeks.  Why?  Do I really think that God has called me to a place that I love to labor and have no fruit come of it?  No!  There are too many in Philly who want to see positive change.  I am a small drop in the bucket of ministries occurring in Philly- and the world.  So when I assume that the community I live in will only decline, I'm not just saying that I don't trust God is bigger than my community, but also I deny all the work that my brothers and sisters have been doing long before I got here.

It's easy to lose hope, it's easy to be cynical.  But I love my city, and more than that, I love my God.  And my God is so big, so strong and so mighty.

And He loves us.

1 comment:

  1. :-) You are such a inspiring servant of Christ. Go Cole!

    ReplyDelete