Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Great Adventures of the Mysterious, Mysterious Girl, Part 4: Charades

Day 4, Thursday.

Can I just say that my Small Group is awesome?  I really could not have asked for a bigger blessing coming out of college than a church that recharges me and a small group that I have connected with.  I joined the small group when it was still in it's awkward beginning phase, so I fit right in.

So did this dinner that we shared Thursday night:


Yup, that's right.  That's carrots, dip, chips, guacamole flavored chips, zeppolis, asparagus, and cheesecake.  MMMMMMMMM.

Anyway, after sharing "dinner" we shared our hearts.  Its funny how when people respect each other's humanity how much it draws you in, how much it draws you to share.  And we did.  And we prayed, and it was great.  Sometimes when I have something on my mind, I find it hard to think of it in a different way.  But hearing us all pray for one another gave me a different perspective.  Gave me comfort, gave me hope.

After sharing we decided to relax and play Charades.  The first round, Animals, was pretty hilarious.  Especially when one of us got stuck with "Potato Bug" which I'm pretty sure is not a real thing.  Then we tried Majors (only a group comprised mostly of UPenn students would think trying to act out majors was fun.)  And we did it mostly with success, getting a little stuck on Graphic Design.  That's right.  How would you act that out?  I thought "Sounds like- she's writing, you write with a pen, no, pencil, okay now she's pointing to the pencil tip, that's made out of graphite, sounds like graphite!" was pretty clever.

It's times like these when I really just love being human.  We're messy and confusing.  We clearly communicate differently.  We think that eating cheesecake and asparagus in the same meal is ok.  But more than anything, we just love being together.  Back in college, we used to have "Anti-Social Together Time" which was just a bunch of us crammed on two beds all on our respective computers.  Not really talking (aka Anti-Social) but Together, nonetheless.

And on this Maundy Thursday (retrospect here, I know I'm late on this one) I'm reminded that one of the last things Jesus did before he died was hang out with his friends.  All night.  Whether we're all on the same page or not, there's something really human, really real about just being together.

So go out and have a human-tastic day, whether it's eating dessert WITH dinner or making a new friend.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment